Minutes of the Meeting Of the Board of Directors Arrowhead Metropolitan District July 22, 2020
A meeting of the Board of Directors of the Arrowhead Metropolitan District, Eagle County, Colorado, was held at the regular date and time on July 22, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. via electronic Zoom meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86813113569, Phone Only US 1 253 215 8782, Meeting ID: 868 1311 3569, Eagle County, Colorado, in accordance with the applicable statutes of the State of Colorado.
Attendance: The following Directors were present and acting:
• Bob Shafer
• Tom Svoboda
• Bill Roe
• Thomas Howard
• Vincent Riggio
Also in attendance were:
• Jerry Hensel, Director of Resort Operations, Vail Resorts
• Ken Marchetti, Marchetti & Weaver, LLC
• Beth Johnston, Marchetti & Weaver, LLC, recording secretary
• Randy Smith, President of Arrowhead at Vail Association
• George Coleman, Arrowhead owner and resident
Call To Order: The meeting of the Board of Directors of Arrowhead Metropolitan District was called to order by Director Shafer on July 22, 2020, at 3:30 p.m. noting a quorum was present. No conflicts of interest were disclosed.
Consideration of Agenda: There were no changes to the agenda
Public Input: There was no public input
Minutes: The Board reviewed the minutes included in the Board packet and by motion duly made and seconded, it was unanimously
Accounts Payable: Director Shafer reviewed the Accounts Payable list included in the packet. Following discussion and by motion duly made and seconded, it was unanimously. RESOLVED to approve the accounts payable list as presented.
Encroachment Agreement: Mr. Hensel reviewed the proposed project at 331 Aspen Ridge Lane and recommended approval of the Agreement as no utilities were currently in the encroached area designated by the Agreement. Following discussion and by motion duly made and seconded, it was unanimously. RESOLVED to approve the Encroachment Agreement for 331 Aspen Ridge Lane as presented.
AVA Update Mr. Smith reviewed the following activity for Arrowhead at Vail Association:
• The July AVA meeting would be held next week.
• The Proposed Rules and Regulations for bicycle traffic in Arrowhead were sent out to owners and comments were expected to be reviewed at the August AVA meeting. Comments received so far included pedestrians should be directed to walk against traffic at all times, increase privacy with further restrictions on general public, and not to implement the Rules at all.
• Real Estate transactions continued to improve with several transactions closed or under contract.
Operations Report: Director Shafer commented that the new sidewalk looked great. Mr. Hensel reported:
• The road repairs were expected to be completed by the end of this week.
• The speed bump in the exit lane of Arrowhead Drive was completed and seems to be effective.
• Striping and refreshing of the crosswalks and golf crossings would be completed next week.
• The battery on the old speed sign cannot be replaced so the sign no longer works. The Board authorized the purchase of a new sign for a price not to exceed $1200 to replace the old sign.
Mr. Hensel outlined a situation in the Riverdance subdivision explaining that two properties that would access the open space and public ponds via a neighboring property were now being denied that access by the new owner of the property. Mr. Hensel requested permission from the Board to work with Mr. Collins to research access options for the effected properties and develop a suitable solution for all parties. The Board agreed to Mr. Hensel engaging Mr. Collins for a resolution.
Highway 6 Crossing: Director Shafer and Mr. Hensel updated the Board on the meeting with the CDOT representatives and that they were in favor of proceeding with the construction of a roundabout on Highway 6 at the Arrowhead main entrance however they would not be able to assist financially with the project. CDOT representatives said that more traffic studies would need to be completed to determine if a single or double lane roundabout should be constructed. General discussion on the project continued and the Board agreed to move forward with discussions with Edwards Metropolitan District. Mr. Marchetti informed the Board that the Edwards Metropolitan District was also getting proposals for traffic studies for the Miller Ranch Road and Highway 6 intersection. Further discussion was had on the role AVA should play in the roundabout and other potential funding sources.
Financial Statements: Mr. Marchetti reviewed the financial statements included in the packet noting that things were tracking as expected and most variances so far were favorable. General discussion was had on the sales tax and short-term rental bookings for the summer. Mr. Hensel said that many units that normally short-term rent were currently owner occupied but it was expected that more units would be put up for rent soon.
Action List: The Board reviewed the action list noting that most projects were completed or a couple months out from completion.
Future Meetings: The Board discussed cancelling the next meeting currently scheduled for August 26, 2020, starting at 3:30 p.m., to be held on the Zoom online platform. Director Shafer agreed to review the agenda and cancel the meeting if business could be postponed to September.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the Board, by motion duly made and seconded, it was unanimously
RESOLVED to adjourn the meeting of the Arrowhead Metropolitan District Board of Directors this 22nd day of July, 2020.
Beth Johnston Secretary for the Meeting